[Dshield] OT - to Antti - Is this normal?

Dave Goodrich dave at pixelhammer.com
Mon Jun 24 15:22:34 GMT 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 05:02:03PM -0400, Mercy wrote:
> I do have a CD RW now ( i did not at the time i purchased Linux Mandrake...
> i believ it's version 7.03?)
>
> I'm not sure how i'm supposed to rip linux onto a cd in a windows OS... any
> tips?
Certainly, download the ISO image. An ISO image is a complete distribution
packaged up and ready for the burner. You can safely burn an ISO from
Unix, Windows, Mac, Linux with no problems and create a bootable
installation CD.

> Also... what versions of linux do you recomend?  I seem to be hearing that
> Red Hat is the best bet.
Boy you are new to Linux ;^) That sentance can start a long running thread
in most lists. I have used RedHat, Slackware, FreeBSD, Solaris, Mac,
Windows. Overall my favorite is FreeBSD, I have run it on
several laptops and servers/firewalls. I'm currently typing this on my
trusty laptop running FreeBSD. I've successfully dual booted FreeBSD and
Windows on several machines, including laptops. I'd be happy to help you
get a Slackware or FreeBSD machine dual booted.

DAve

--
My other computer is your Windows machine...