[Dshield] Klez revisited

Michael Johnson mike at holmesandturner.com
Fri Jun 28 13:56:58 GMT 2002

Anyone seen anything like this before? :

<email I received y'day am>

Klez.E is the most common world-wide spreading worm.It's very dangerous by corrupting your files.
Because of its very smart stealth and anti-anti-virus technic,most common AV software can't detect or clean it.
We developed this free immunity tool to defeat the malicious virus.
You only need to run this tool once,and then Klez will never come into your PC.
NOTE: Because this tool acts as a fake Klez to fool the real worm,some AV monitor maybe cry when you run it.
If so,Ignore the warning,and select 'continue'.
If you have any question,please mail to me  //mailto:abeeace at aol.com//

</email>

This email came in through a rarely used USER account.  And the USER actually told me about it.  I must revise my .sig

sql> select * from USERS where clue =>0
sql> 1 found

Good little USER  I will upgrade your server storage to ....hmmmmm 2 megs!

Thanks,

Mike Johnson
System/Network guy
Holmes & Turner