[Dshield] Re: Kornet.Net

Sean Waddell swaddell at espgroup.net
Fri Mar 1 16:24:28 GMT 2002

Just wanted to throw my $.02 into the mix here.  My belief is that
Kornet has a responsiblity as an ISP to prevent to the best of their
ability spam and any other malicious activty.

My mother lives in Korea (stationed there) and she uses Kornet.  She has
been unable to send mail to a lot of people probably because they have
Kornet blocked.  As a son I would love to hear from her, however as
someone who has the responsibility for network security I'd rather see
the malicious users get blocked.  There are many alternatives for
americans that live overseas (ie Korea).  They could still use kornet to
access the web, but use something like hotmail or yahoo for email.  If
enough businesses/users block the ip range from kornet perhaps that will
be a wake up call to their administrators.

SW