[Dshield] Re: Kornet.Net

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Fri Mar 1 16:27:44 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-02-28 at 23:46, John Kimbler wrote:
> Military families rely heavily on email to
> stay in touch with their husbands, wives, fathers and mothers when they
> deploy. Blocking Kornet due to a few (L)users who are hacking would be a
> serious blow to American families in Korea...

In that case, warning Kornet that continued ignoring of abuse problems
will result in a blacklisting should carry some weight.

Perhaps we (the Dshield community, news.admin.net-abuse.*, et. al.)
should take our concerns to the Military admin community. They may be
able to apply pressure on Kornet that will result in the problems being
resolved without resorting to a blacklisting. Frex: "So long as Kornet
remains hospitable to those attacking computing systems worldwide, U.S.
Military personnel will not be allowed to use Kornet as their ISP."

Just an idea...

 "Rather than form a federation with Microsoft and work with what we
  had already created, there was this notion that the world should be
  offered an alternative."
          - Craig Mundie, Microsoft CTO, bashing Open Source advocates