[Dshield] Re: Kornet.Net

Dennis Lee dennisle at swbell.net
Fri Mar 1 17:11:22 GMT 2002

John Kimbler wrote:

> Hey Johannes,
> The military in Korea may not have a choice: Odds are Kornet is one of the
> few, and possibly the only ISP. Military families rely heavily on email to
> stay in touch with their husbands, wives, fathers and mothers when they
> deploy. Blocking Kornet due to a few (L)users who are hacking would be a
> serious blow to American families in Korea...

Military personal have Email and web access on base through .mil almost
everyone has a sarg.joe.bob at someplace.mil if they have off base housing
and want or need access; then kornet or what ever could be used.

Even using .mil they have to think bout what they send.
I can not send attachments to my sons but they do send stupid jokes in
word doc's to me all the time. They can not say when or where they are
going or will be home; even on the phone; unless they are calling from
state side.

Dennis