[Dshield] Mac address

Scott Kegley scott at mont.lib.md.us
Tue Mar 5 14:14:08 GMT 2002

Ok, another newbie question.

While running a sniffer on my network I'm seeing one particular device that is
generating a considerably higher amount of HTTP traffic than any other.

This sniffer shows both the Mac and Ip address, in the case of this particular
device the mac address always stays the same but the ip address keeps changing
after about every four packets that it sends. Every other mac address I see
has a consistent ip associated with it. Is this somebody spoofing ip
addresses? If so how do I shut them down if I don't know their real ip
address?

Or am I just being a paranoid newbie?

Thanks
Scott