[Dshield] Mac address

Ewan 98061034 at brookes.ac.uk
Tue Mar 5 14:29:24 GMT 2002

> device the mac address always stays the same but the ip address keeps changing
> after about every four packets that it sends. Every other mac address I see
> has a consistent ip associated with it.

Is this mac address the same as that for your default route? traffic
from a remote network will appear to originate from your routers local
interface

> Or am I just being a paranoid newbie?

if it's not your default route (or at least a router to somewhere), or
possibly a bridge of some sort, then start taking notice ;)

ewan
--
I don't know why we call it a mouse. It started that way and we never
changed it." -- Douglas C. Engelbart, December 9, 1968
http://sloan.stanford.edu/MouseSite/1968Demo.html