[Dshield] Kornet.Net

Brian Burrington Brian.Burrington at LABONE.com
Tue Mar 5 17:35:13 GMT 2002

Grant,

Would you mind posting the group that you are blocking?
Perhaps others might benefit from your excellent research.
I for one am interested.

B.

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Thurman [mailto:Grant at Netprecision.Net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 8:57 AM
To: list at dshield.org
Subject: [Dshield] Kornet.Net

I guess I really started a dialog string here a couple weeks ago. I did not
place my post then abandon everyone, I have been reading and monitoring. I
took great interest in John Hardin's post of 3/4/02, well thought out.
Include me in any collation that may be forming or needs support. I spent
time researching the Asia (APNIC) IP numbers and came up with a group that I
am now blocking which has led to a 80% drop in spam and hacking from Asia.
We do very little business there anyway, but do run a travel site with
clients in Malaysia and Australia so I do need to be careful. I do not
believe Kornet is pro hacker's or pro spam it's just that their arrogance
and lack of response has really started to piss a large number of people
off. (If English is the issue spend a couple bucks and hire someone that
speaks it!)

To our continued success!

G. Thurman
Netprecision, Inc.