[Dshield] Kornet.Net

Colin Simons colin.simons at shipsoffice.org
Wed Mar 6 09:54:46 GMT 2002

> I do not
> believe Kornet is pro hacker's or pro spam it's just that
> their arrogance
> and lack of response has really started to piss a large
> number of people
> off. (If English is the issue spend a couple bucks and hire
> someone that
> speaks it!)

Please don't overlook the difference of culture that is also present here.
The admins receiving the abuse mail will be answerable to their manager. It
is almost impossible for them to raise the issue with the manager without
losing face ("we have a problem") or without the manager losing face ("Your
management has led us to having a problem") Without the approval of the
manager nothing will change, regardless of how "right" the cause might seem
to western eyes.

(The appearance of) respect for, and submission to, authority is still a
very strong reality in Korea, and to some exent many other Asian countries.

Colin

--
Colin Simons
Area Information Technology Administrator