[Dshield] Re:Blocking the pacific Rim IPs

swimmer swimmer at dwhite.ws
Thu Mar 7 02:47:17 GMT 2002

Message: 9
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 07:41:12 +1100
From: Tim <tim.tuck at penrith.net>
To: list at dshield.org
Subject: Re: [Dshield] Kornet.Net

Grant Thurman wrote ...

> 202.0.0.0   -> 203.255.255.255  Apnic  (Bulk of the hacking seems to come
> from this IP block)

I didnt know Australians were so naughty for you to have blocked the
entire country, well its original block of 203.0.0.0 - 203.63.255.255 is
within that range, we do use a few other ranges down here and I'd be
interested in the addresses you've been attacked from.

You might like to fine tune your block statements !

Personally most of my problems come from Korea and Italy.

regards

Tim .... in Australia :)

Time
You are invited to post the exception (or a fine tuned block list)  I , for
one, do not want to block friendly IP ranges, but am desperate to block the
unfriendly ones.

Our servers have not been penetrated (yet) but it is only a matter of time,
I think.

Swimmer