[Dshield] Getting even.

Hank hank at panamahank.com
Fri Mar 8 18:30:03 GMT 2002

I've about given up on trying to identify the source of SPAM. I have, though,
come up with a way to get revenge on at least some of the folks who employ
spammers. I get a lot of offers to invest $X and earn $97 gazillion by "using
this legal plan". These always have five names and addresses listed. I also
get a lot of mortgage broker SPAM. These always link a URL with a form to
fill out. I put these two happy campers in contact with each other. I take a
name and address off the first list, list the police station tel number in
their home towns as a daytime call number, and sign them up for a mortgage
interview.

The other day, I got an ad for $900,000 worth of something or other on CD and
a form to fill in and mail in with a check for $X.  By happy coincidence, I
also found some free check printing software on the web. Time to marry my
first list up with these guys.

You don't have to be a victim. At least not all the time.

Hank