[Dshield] Getting even.

Peter Street peter.street at lazerfx.co.uk
Fri Mar 8 22:26:23 GMT 2002

You do have a *slight* problem with all of this.  Your sending these
things about, and even reading the HTML based e-mail (which some 60+%
is) is just going to mean you get more.  And more.  And more...

I just /dev/null the lot, without reading or opening.

Peter Street
Web Developer / Manager
LazerFX Productions
www.lazerfx.co.uk (Under Construction)

Of
> Hank
> Sent: 08 March 2002 18:30
> To: list at dshield.org
> Subject: [Dshield] Getting even.
>
> I've about given up on trying to identify the source of SPAM. I have,
> though,
> come up with a way to get revenge on at least some of the folks who
employ
> spammers. I get a lot of offers to invest $X and earn $97 gazillion by
> "using
> this legal plan". These always have five names and addresses listed. I
> also
> get a lot of mortgage broker SPAM. These always link a URL with a form
> fill out. I put these two happy campers in contact with each other. I
take
> name and address off the first list, list the police station tel
number in
> their home towns as a daytime call number, and sign them up for a
mortgage
> interview.
>
> The other day, I got an ad for $900,000 worth of something or other on
CD