[Dshield] Outlook -HTML Rendering

gdcrane@bellsouth.net vern72023 at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 9 14:26:31 GMT 2002

I use a product called Chilton Preview which is a plug-in to MS Outlook and
which allows you to safely view all email - even HTML safely
This is recommended as a solution in Microsoft Outlook's Knowledge Base
article: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q173/1/01.asp
This is an extract which describes the feature

Use this tiny add-in to replace the built-in preview pane in Outlook 98 and
later versions or to add a preview pane to Outlook 97. Does one thing that
Outlook 2000 doesn't -- previews text of items in the Outbox. For HTML
messages, it reads the plain text equivalent and, therefore, does not
trigger links to outside content. Now works with Outlook 2002. Version 1.05,
27kb, 25 Dec 01, shareware. Click here to download. Be sure to read the
Readme.txt file for installation instructions. FAQ available.

George

George D. Crane