HTML email and spam tracking (was RE: [Dshield] Getting even.)

Ram fblarbastanix at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 10 01:30:51 GMT 2002

I just (re) tested and it's true. The test was copy and paste a page out
of a browser window into a blank email set to HTML format:
-Send the email to myself (from win2k outlook2k to my mail server and
back). Outlook was in offline mode so I had to click send-receive to
dispatch and then retrieve the message.
-viewed the message - image was there - did a view source and the IMG
SRC was an http URL back to the original site (and not inline in the
mime package).

Luck you :-)