[Dshield] Labrea hacker hanger-upper

Susan pobox2 at pinn.net
Mon Mar 11 22:44:51 GMT 2002

I haven't tried it yet but if it does as promised could solve a lot of
problems and even put a smile on my face when being assaulted. Funny one
of you should mention it, we've been being hit hard the past couple days
too.

anyway, here is a thing I found called 'Labrea'. You have to check it
out yourself because I haven't had a chance yet. Now if as promised this
could be a fun turnaround.

Labrea, From this website:
http://www.hackbusters.com

I'm thinking, because we suffer that all the time too, the constant
attempts, whether they be real hacks or unrequested slave machine
queries, doesn't really matter, same category in the end....
anyway I'm thinking, put the Labrea on a minimum linux server install on
an old 486 or something, then let that machine be your DMZ.

The hacks can play with big 0 all day while you slide safely past. Could
work real well.

Let me know the results! I'll get mine on soon.