[Dshield] Exchange 5.5

Stephen Carr scarr at BASTYR.EDU
Tue Mar 12 16:41:31 GMT 2002

Here is a good site to start with
http://www.slipstick.com/exs/relay.htm
You can also go to Microsoft's knowledgebase at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q196626

Hope this helps

-----Original Message-----
From: James Jarvis [mailto:james.jarvis at quest-media.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 7:56 AM
To: 'list at dshield.org'
Subject: [Dshield] Exchange 5.5

Hi There,

I have only just signed up to this list after a recomendation from a memeber
of Web Disucussion list, I have a question, and he though you could all help
me! The Problem is as follows

Our server here has been targeted for the last week by spammers. Some of the
time the message originates from a Yahoo or Hotmail Account, other times
they have bloked their address and it is displayed as < >.

Even though we operate about 40 domain names on this server, everyone (Who
should) be sending out mail is sending it from a CDentral domain.

Does anyone know how to block OUTGOING messages unless sent from
*@ourdomain. We have already been blaklisted by our ISP's twice in the last
week for sending unsolicittated mails evenb thougfh we had no idea what had
happened. Also, 7/10 messages are bouncing back when we send them because of
our ISP Policing what we are sneding out.

If any one has any alternative ideas, or comments, I would really appreciate
it.

Any help much appreicated,

Jim