[Dshield] Re: Dshield digest,

swimmer swimmer at dwhite.ws
Tue Mar 12 18:22:45 GMT 2002

Obviously you have your email server software set up to "relay for anyone."
It is imperative that you disable this function.  Additionally, there should
be a setting to enable relaying for "authenticated users only."   That
should be enabled.   The next step is to deny NULL senders (<>)

These are general instructions, becasue you did not indicate what server
software you are using for your email.
The above are clear for Ipswitch Imail server, and the settings are similar
in Exchange.

For Linux sendmail, there are requirements for scripting (readily available)
to add to put in those restrictions.

I can go into more detail if I know what software you are using.