[Dshield] RE: Hacker Blocks

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Wed Mar 13 05:02:33 GMT 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 11:26:13AM -0800, Grant Thurman wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Thanks for your input, my blocks are doing a decent job for us, do I need to
> find more time to do a better job, yes of course. I just block IP blocks
> that generate the largest amount of incoming attacks at this time.
>
> Ripe, is within the range of some of the IP blocks I feel we need to block,
> sending you a cc was just to advise you of a growing movement within the USA
> to deal with hacking, block it out. We as a group have sent thousands of
> hacking complaints to RIPE, Tier One's and ISP's, 99% of the time nothing is
> done or acted on.

The "growing movement" in the USA is basing it's actions on a great
deal more understanding and knowledge than you've exhibited, so far...

> Very little is being done about hacking from APNIC, RIPE or any major tier
> one's or ISP's, we have to protect ourselves since no one else seems to
> care.

These are not ISP's, but registries.

Virtually everything you have posted reveals that you have a great
deal of learning to do.

Some might suggest that you do more research before you expose
yourself so thoroughly; others enjoy the spectacle.

- John
--
Most people don't type their own logfiles;  but, what do I care?