[Dshield] picnicking under flypaper (or near tar)

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Wed Mar 13 19:46:37 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 09:52, Ellen Clary wrote:

> > No problem Susan. I actually do "picnic under flypaper" ;-) so to speak, in
> > that I run it on the same bastion hosts as my MTAs and VPN servers.
>
> You're braver than I am though it is tempting...

I'm working with Tom to see whether LaBrea can be installed on the
bastion host as a TCP server rather than on a standalone tarpit box as a
virtual host. I'd rather run it on my outer firewall and redirect scans
to it, and not let the traffic onto my boundary network at all...

I'll report results.

 "Rather than form a federation with Microsoft and work with what we
  had already created, there was this notion that the world should be
  offered an alternative."
                     - Craig Mundie, Microsoft CTO,
                       puzzled by non-MS-owned .NET user data services