[Dshield] picnicking under flypaper (or near tar)

Bob Hillegas bobhillegas at pdq.net
Thu Mar 14 05:47:32 GMT 2002

Let me know when I can use in on a dialup (only one ip, sorry) in place of
"input DENY ppp0". That way I can do better than just DENY'ing access to
ports using ipchains.

Thanks

Bob Hillegas
<bobhillegas at pdq.net>

 Subject: Re: [Dshield] picnicking under flypaper (or near tar)
 From: John Hardin <johnh at aproposretail.com>
 Date: 13 Mar 2002 11:46:37 -0800

 On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 09:52, Ellen Clary wrote:

 > > No problem Susan. I actually do "picnic under flypaper" ;-) so to speak, in
 > > that I run it on the same bastion hosts as my MTAs and VPN servers.
 >
 > You're braver than I am though it is tempting...

 I'm working with Tom to see whether LaBrea can be installed on the
 bastion host as a TCP server rather than on a standalone tarpit box as a
 virtual host. I'd rather run it on my outer firewall and redirect scans
 to it, and not let the traffic onto my boundary network at all...

 I'll report results.