[Dshield] Re: picnicking under flypaper

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Thu Mar 14 21:13:30 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 10:57, Neil Richardson wrote:

>     In other words: I don't understand your concern that you will invite a
> DDOS attack upon yourself

I suspect the worry is that the blackhat will notice all of the
tarpitted connections to that computer and respond by attacking it out
of spite.

It depends on how automated the search is, and how clueful the
blackhat/script kiddie is.

 "Rather than form a federation with Microsoft and work with what we
  had already created, there was this notion that the world should be
  offered an alternative."
                     - Craig Mundie, Microsoft CTO,
                       puzzled by non-MS-owned .NET user data services