[Dshield] UDP blocking

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Fri Mar 15 18:12:47 GMT 2002

On 14 Mar 2002 at 15:46, Micheal Patterson wrote:

> Yes. You need to allow UDP from your dns servers on port 53 and allow
> anything from that machine to those same system to port 53. Once done, your
> dns should be operational again.

You shouldn't need to open incoming requests to UDP port 53 unless
you're actually running a DNS server on the machine in question.
Nels Lindquist <*>
----
     And Jesus said unto them, "And whom do you say that I am?"
     They replied, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the
ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our
very selfhood revealed."
     And Jesus replied, "What?"