[Dshield] Crack the code and win a brand new Ferrari 360 Challenge...

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Sat Mar 16 04:08:27 GMT 2002

I'll make no further comment about Meganet and "Virtual Matrix
Encryption" than to post this excerpt from 1998:

<start excerpt>

At 6:35 AM -0800 1/2/98, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>CNN Custom News:
>          Repeat/Meganet's Unbreakable Virtual Matrix Encryption Takes
>          the Market by Storm; Finally in 1998 Absolute Security...
>
>          LA Times 02-JAN-98 LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 31,
>          1997--Finally Meganet's highly acclaimed unbreakable encryption,
>          All the great
>          computer minds in this country have had an opportunity to
>          dispel the bold claims of unbreakable encryption, yet none have.

All the great computer minds.... They laughed at Galileo, they laughed
at Darwin, they laughed at Bozo the Clown. Jeesh.

<end excerpt>

And then I ask, "if it's been around since 1998, and if it's so great,
how come nobody's ever heard of it."

- John
--
Most people don't type their own logfiles;  but, what do I care?