[Dshield] which ports does labrea like?

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Sun Mar 17 11:13:53 GMT 2002

I don't believe that's a question that has any meaning to LaBrea.

LaBrea doesn't listen on, or to ports.

It listens for ARP requests on unused IP addresses, and attaches
itself to incoming probes to any tcp port.

See: http://www.hackbusters.net/LaBrea/

"SECTION 1 - What is it?

LaBrea is a program that creates a tarpit or, as some have called it,
a "sticky honeypot".  LaBrea takes over unused IP addresses on a
network and creates "virtual machines" that answer to connection
attempts.  LaBrea answers those connection attempts in a way that
causes the machine at the other end to get "stuck", sometimes for a
very long time."

HTH..

- John
--
Most people don't type their own logfiles;  but, what do I care?