[Dshield] block my own IP

Susan pobox2 at pinn.net
Sun Mar 17 19:13:45 GMT 2002

I noticed also when I block my own IP address from incoming at the
router my modem stops getting rammed. Now the connection is working
perfectly, I'm not actually blocking myself because obviously I am
myself and relatively static concerning that... I can upload, download,
all is normal. But every now and then I'll get hits from other IPs and
it'll show that they are being denied by my IP rule. Not all hits show
that just some so maybe it's a possibility that someone is trying to
spoof the firewall by spoofing my ip... not sure just guessing but
blocking it on incoming sure does seem to quiet down the router.