[Dshield] Multiple firewalls.

Hank hank at panamahank.com
Sun Mar 17 23:31:56 GMT 2002

I run Linux Mandrake 8.1with an ADSL connection and have two Win boxes
networked to the Linux computer. Each of the Win boxes runs Zone Alarm, and I
have NEVER seen anything get past Bastille to the Win computers. Occasionally
I need to go online with one of the Windows boxes and a direct connection and
get bombarded with scans. I realize this doesn't make my little home network
invulnerable, but it does suggest that a Linux IP forwarder and a decent
Linux firewall makes a pretty secure home network. Besides, old computers are
dirt cheap and Linux is free.

Hank