[Dshield] real sure about it

Susan pobox2 at pinn.net
Mon Mar 18 18:33:08 GMT 2002

Yes you can have damaged boot records and not even know it. They can
boot you into a subsystem type area that runs as normal as your normal
win setup. But copies everything to another partition with .* files you
cannot see on windows. Matter of fact what i found was that you can lots
of damaged anything and not even know it. Hacking is more than a hobby
to some, its a corporate affair with apparently many hours spent in
development. Many hack progs seem very very legitimate. They can use
trojan replacements for windows .exe's that appear normal but run
streams from other progs. If I didn't build websites myself and have a
bit of experience prior I would have never noticed the teeny 1 pix
windows opening up that were shipping our mail around the world.
Catching that originally and having from experience used that trick
myself on websites to open new pages... seemingly from nowhere to the
average user...

re-essage: 11