[Dshield] which ports does labrea like?

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Tue Mar 19 15:22:14 GMT 2002

John:

See this:

<snip>
From: "Tom Liston" <tliston at premmag.com>
To: intrusions at incidents.org
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:06:56 -0600
Subject: Version 2.4 Beta 2 of LaBrea available

I've just now released Beta 2 of version 2.4 of LaBrea.  Unless I
hear a hue and cry from the multitudes, this will probably be the
2.4 release version.

Beta 2 incorporates a new, and far more efficient method of
excluding ports from being tarpitted.  Also, excluded ports now
respond with a RST to inbound packets (note: this can be turned
off using the new "-f" option which makes excluded ports appear to
be firewalled...)  Using this, you can create "machines" with only
specific ports open.  A nice side effect is that it gives NMap fits
trying to figure out what operating system you're running...

There are also some bug fixes involving BPF filters (which a fish
brought that to my attention... thanks!) and a race condition
involving the "-L" option (which I discovered myself the hard way...)

Info and downloading links are at:

http://www.hackbusters.net/Beta.html

-TL
<snip>

- John
--
Most people don't type their own logfiles;  but, what do I care?