[Dshield] Quiet secure mailbox

Mrcorp mrcorp at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 19 15:09:28 GMT 2002

> However I disagree with Susan that a NT/Win2K box cannot be secured, yes it
> is a bit of trouble, but so is recompiling the Linux kernel to get rid of
> the zlib vulnerabilities... and I wouldn't experiment on a production box,
> but this is true regardless of the OS.

I also totally disagree with this comment.  In fact, the level of secure OS is based ont he admin
that performs it.  If I take one of my unix admins and one of my NT admins, and give them both, a
unix and windows 2000 server, guess which one will have the tightest unix box, and which one will
have the tightest Windows 2000 box.

There is no such thing as a totally secure computer unless its unplugged.  So please stop
preaching about how bad windows is.  If its so bad, then why would so many people use it???

mrcorp