[Dshield] major misconception

Susan pobox2 at pinn.net
Tue Mar 19 21:55:02 GMT 2002

That really is a major misconception that the public buys into:

 >>I guess I would ask yourselves, do you have anything worht wasting a
 >>hackers time and resources
 >>over?

It's not whether or not you actually have anything (physical) to steal.
Your bandwidth is something. Your ip address is something. and that's
just a beginning.

Some hackers hack for fun, others are real serious about it and probably
in your mailbox are the ip addresses of many people you know who can be
that hacks next victim too and you'll be the one to send the trojan.
likewise what good is a vpn connection to your office after you've been
hacked at home? Likewise code red was spread via the use of hacked
machines that act as slave relays. Who knows whats next. ever wonder why
your connection seems so slow?