[Dshield] Cannot connect to box so why bother?

Susan pobox2 at pinn.net
Wed Mar 20 01:16:32 GMT 2002

On my firewall, you literally cannot connect to the box from the
outside, remote admin is not possible. If someone were to pound the heck
out of it to try to break the password wouldn't they have to first
connect to the password form or something?

Worse even than a hard to crack password is a username password
combination. A very very long username with a very very long password. I
could throw random data at my own computer all day but unless it's
actually making the right connection isn't it more likely than not the
computer will simply just pretty much ignore me?