[Dshield] LaBrea + PortSentry + T1 on outer firewall

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Wed Mar 20 20:20:26 GMT 2002

Good news, all. This seems to be working! I've glued up what appears to
be two Code Red worms in the past hour...

There are some code changes needed in LaBrea to support a T1 interface,
but if you have a standard ethernet interface on the outside those
shouldn't be needed. I'm working with Tom to resolve this.

Writeup commences.

 "Rather than form a federation with Microsoft and work with what we
  had already created, there was this notion that the world should be
  offered an alternative."
                     - Craig Mundie, Microsoft CTO,
                       puzzled by non-MS-owned .NET user data services