[Dshield] Unable to compile LaBrea2_4b2.tgz

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Fri Mar 22 20:34:57 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-22 at 11:17, Susan wrote:
> Unable to compile new Labrea2_4b2 properly.  Have all needed libraries
> in and ready to go, ran make, seemed to install but now I can't find it.
> Other libraries it originally called for on 'make' went in fine.
>
> Trying to run make again, system says Labrea is uptodate. However its
> not in sbin. Locate cannot locate anything but the original package folder.

Look in the directory you ran make in.

Typically the copy-to-system-directory is a separate step, usually "make
install".

 "Rather than form a federation with Microsoft and work with what we
  had already created, there was this notion that the world should be
  offered an alternative."
                     - Craig Mundie, Microsoft CTO,
                       puzzled by non-MS-owned .NET user data services