[Dshield] NETBIOS Probe

James dshield at webfocus.com
Mon Mar 25 16:26:36 GMT 2002

Well when looking at the "Your recent submissions" page and look at the
Danger level. My question is why are NETBIOS set to a "Possible Firewall
Misconfiguration"?  I see no reason for someone on the Internet should try
to probe NETBIOS.  If some is trying to Probe NETBIOS then they are either
trying to see if the system is open to use the Hard drive or system ( High
Alert if you ask me ) or Information gathering for some type or Profiling
on there side  for a Low Alert.   I do not think that NETBIOS probes are
"Possible Firewall Misconfiguration" at all.

How do others see this?

James