[Dshield] Virtual Matrix Encryption Hoax?

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Mon Mar 25 21:55:38 GMT 2002

I don't think it's a hoax, but I think the security of its design is
predicated on the security of the algorithm as well as the security of
the keying information (which seems to include specific files common to
both systems). Any cryptosystem that relies on the secrecy of the
algorithm has a severe weakness.

 "Rather than form a federation with Microsoft and work with what we
  had already created, there was this notion that the world should be
  offered an alternative."
                     - Craig Mundie, Microsoft CTO,
                       puzzled by non-MS-owned .NET user data services