[Dshield] Tracking and Reporting Probes

Sue Young smy at gcmlp.com
Tue Mar 26 17:30:53 GMT 2002

I'm currently testing LaBrea on one of my extra IP addresses in a DMZ that's
currently only letting in port 80.  I figured that since the scanners tend
to scan a range, I'll put labrea in a lower ip than I'm going to use for
a web server in the future.  That way, the web server will be protected by
labrea as well as by thorough patching.

Any suggestions on the best ports for labrea to use?  I could have a totally
open DMZ, but I'd rather just open a few ports.  I'm using the @home version
until I bother to install a C compiler on the machine and compile the real
version on 2000.

Sue Young