[Dshield] Tracking and Reporting Probes

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Tue Mar 26 22:03:41 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-03-26 at 09:30, Sue Young wrote:

> Any suggestions on the best ports for labrea to use?

All:

My writeup of how to use PortSentry, LaBrea and DShield to protect a
boundary network is still in draft form, but if you're curious it's
available at:

  http://www.impsec.org/linux/security/scanner-tarpit.txt

Comments (bearing in mind that it's not complete) are welcome - please
send them to my personal email address as given in the document.

This is a fairly comprehensive solution; pick out the pieces you need.

 "They [media giants] have no idea how to do business with resourceful
  human beings rather than passive vegetables. So they run to [the]
  government for protection."
                    -- Doc Searls on the SSSCA, in Linux Journal