[Dshield] RE: Firewall Poll

Safka safka at triad.rr.com
Thu Mar 28 05:00:08 GMT 2002

Personally I feel Microsoft and Security are mutually exlcusive terms. I
heard on CCNFN today that MS has done some heavy financial backing of a
Shark repelling device by an Australian company, I guess that's a good
place to start on their new security initiative.

I run PIX 515 UR release 6.0 and iptables ver 1.2.1a on my analysis
network. iptables logging is pretty impresive, especially with the use
of log prefixing. This log prefixing capability combined with Logcheck
makes log review less painful.

JMHO

Safka,
GSEC, GCIH, GCFW