[Dshield] Unusual log activity - any ideas?

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Thu May 2 16:08:37 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-02 at 08:57, Preston G. Simpson wrote:
> On 1 May 2002, John Hardin wrote:
>
> > Wasn't the Lion worm cross-platform? Or are my neurons firing randomly
> > again?
>
> 	A cursory google says that it's random neurons, unless you consider
> different Linux distros to be different platforms.

No, I was wondering about whether I got the name right. There *was* a
Linux/IIS combo worm, I think...

> sadmin had some multi-platform elements, though.

That might be the one I was thinking of.

 "To disable the Internet to save EMI and Disney is the moral
  equivalent of burning down the library of Alexandria to ensure the
  livelihood of monastic scribes."
                                    -- John Ippolito of the Guggenheim