[Dshield] LaBrea -> DShield

Thomas Liston tliston at premmag.com
Thu May 2 23:04:48 GMT 2002

I'm in the process of wrapping up the current beta of LaBrea (v2.4)
and taking it to release.  I have a few issues in Win2K support to
iron out, but it's close...

Perhaps the most significant addition though, as far as I'm
concerned, is a separate program, LaBrea::Tarpit, a perl "reporting"
module for LaBrea written by Michael Robinton. LaBrea is run under
its control, and it generates incredible real-time stats on exactly
what is currently going on in your tarpit as well as past trends.
Far more significantly though, it has the capability to report all
illicit activity to DShield.  I've been running it over the past
week, and my tiny 100+ address tarpit has generated ~85,000 lines of
data.

If you're running LaBrea, all I can say is: get it.  Close the loop.
On my site, the new slogan is: "Slow 'em down, stop 'em, rat 'em
out..."

http://www.hackbusters.net/guests.html

-TL
Tom Liston, GSEC