[Dshield] Functionality of WINXP built-in firewall

Clausson, Shayne SClausso at epri.com
Thu May 9 20:14:02 GMT 2002

Tony -
I've not used the built-in XP firewall....unless Microsoft is now shipping
ZoneAlarm with XP.  I've used Zone Alrm in the past and think that it is
"okay" at best.  I would recommend looking at BlackIce Defender and Tiny
Personnal Firewall (www.tinysoftware.com) as alternatives.  Both allow users
to customize their rules with little effort.

hth,
Shayne Clausson
Network Systems Engineer