[Dshield] New Security Function Tools

Olsen, Richard ROlsen at dit.state.va.us
Fri May 10 13:49:38 GMT 2002

We are beginning to really emphasize (my new assignment) security functions
for our Internet and application servers which have grown from 3 to 50
servers in the last year and a half or so. At this point we have almost no
tools. My manager has some year-end money that needs to be committed this
month and offered it for security tools. Can anyone recommend a basic set of
tools or point me to a place to seek this? Basically, we're the technology
behind state.va.us including applications and databases. So we're looking at
URLScan for starters, but all advise is appreciated.  Thanks kindly.
Richard