[Dshield] New Security Function Tools

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Fri May 10 15:20:45 GMT 2002

Well, it sort of depends on what you want to emphasize.  "Security tools" is
a pretty large category.  If you are just getting started, I would suggest a
vulnerability scanner,  to find out just what the scope of your "problem"
is.  I am sure you can find some tools to implement, but you also might want
to check out a service like the one Qualys provides, as a means of
implementing a solution in less time.  You might also look at an IDS product
like Snort, again the idea is to find out what is going on.  You might also
check Foundstone out.  (BTW, I am not employed by, or a stockholder of,
either firm, but I have had some personal experience with these
products/firms.)

If you would like, we can continue this conversation off-list, as I would be
interested in hearing about what you find.

Cheers,
Ed Truitt
http://www.etee2k.net
http://www.bsatroop148.org