[Dshield] What should I do next

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Sat May 11 03:06:39 GMT 2002

I am also not a lawyer, so don't take this as legal advice.  My $0.02 is
this:  if you can't get the offending host's owner to fix it, then set your
firewall rules to DROP any inbound packets from that IP.  If the admin of
that netblock is THAT clueless, then put the whole netblock in your firewall
DROP/ router DENY list.  And, let the admin (and his/her bosses, if
possible) know what you are doing, and why. (you might also cc us on email.)

With all due respect to "Ram" and others of like mind, I can't EVER
recommend you hack into / alter someone else's machine.  It is sort of like
breaking into someone's house to turn off a light that is pointed into your
bedroom window - it is far better to simply close the curtains.

Cheers,
Ed Truitt
http://www.etee2k.net
http://www.bsatroop148.org