[Dshield] gotomypc.com

Tony Carothers tony.carothers at lifestreamtech.com
Mon May 13 15:48:43 GMT 2002

>From the gotomypc.com site..

[snip]

https://www.gotomypc.com/ourTechnology.tmpl?SessionInfo=12126467/2EFE226F95B
A7E1/null

Firewall Friendly
Because the GoToMyPC software on the remote computer initiates an outgoing
connection, the technology works with your existing firewall and does not
require special configuration. Nor does it compromise the integrity of your
firewall.

[snip]

Not on my network.  No way.  If, by initiating a connection from the inside,
this doesn't compromise firewall integrity, I'd be curious as to WHAT DOES.
It does not say WHEN it is initiated.  They are very vague as to exactly how
there technology works.

Tony Carothers
Network/Systems Administrator
tcarothers at lifestreamtech.com