[Dshield] Patches

dcm2002@sbcglobal.net dcm2002 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 14 00:49:25 GMT 2002

Darryl DeLao said:

> I am currently writing some batch files to run updates on my
> servers and workstations when users login.  I am using the
> qchain.exe in conjunction with gettype.exe.
> Im currently using -z -m on the files but this doesnt
> appear to do the job.
And then asked.
> Does anyone know of any other command line syntaxes to use?

Assuming that you are hotfixing Microsoft stuff and checking at:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/prodt
echnol/winxppro/reskit/prbd_std_ccmm.asp

I noted a -q switch for "Quiet mode - no user interaction required".
Hopefully that will also work with qchain. Check the other options for
hotfix listed on the site before you do you final tests.

I hope this helps.

David Mehl
Houston TX  USA
dcmehl at sbc2002.net