[Dshield] Software Inventory?

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Fri May 17 01:24:35 GMT 2002

Tripwire is probably the top of the line in this field. It will
inventory your system and periodically verify that everything is still
intact. However it is a bit of a pain to setup (partially because it is
so powerful).

Another important issue: keep a good inventory of software installed so
you know what to patch if a new version of some random program is
released.