[Dshield] Loopback DNS

Stephane Grobety security at admin.fulgan.com
Wed May 22 15:06:13 GMT 2002

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had a DNS server tool that would do only one
things: answer "127.0.0.1" (or any arbitrary address) to all A, NS and MX queries.

I'm looking for such a tool in order to build a "worm/virii sandbox"
environment with no network access but that would host the necessary
servers (mail, web, ftp, tftp, etc) needed for the propagation...

Oh, it should be win32 of course...

If there is none, would the same tool interest anyone ?? If I get no
reference, I'll have to write one and would be happy to share it...

Good luck,
Stephane