[Dshield] RedHat systems seem to originate a lot of port 1433 attacks

Micheal Patterson micheal at cancercare.net
Wed May 22 18:06:46 GMT 2002

That's precisely why I stopped attempting to notify remote networks of
suspicious behavior. Many don't want to accept that they're passing infected
files/packages through their network. Others in various countries see it as
an insult to their abilities to manage their network if you simply inform
them that there may be an infected system within their network. I've been
doing this for some time now and I've always been of the mindset that even
though I've never had a breached system that I maintain, I always assume
that it will happen. If it does, I'll be prepared. If it doesn't, then I'm
still prepared.

--

Micheal Patterson
Network Administration