[Dshield] SQL Port 1433

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Fri May 24 16:41:26 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-05-23 at 20:08, John Sage wrote:

> > Why are these lists being posted here?
>
> So I can run 'em through a shell command and do a -HEAD -DUMP and see
> what sort of OS is running on 'em?
>
> Lists *are* handy for various things, ya know...

Oh, I don't dispute that. My point is, shouldn't you be getting your
list of attackers out of the dshield database that we *all* are feeding
automatically in near-real-time, rather than having everybody
individually go digging manually through their logs and manually posting
a list of IP addresses to the mailing list, appended ad nauseum with "me
too" followups?

Isn't that the *reason* for the dshield database in the first place?

  In the Lion
  the Mighty Lion
  the Zebra sleeps tonight...
  Dee de-ee-ee-ee-ee de de de we um umma way!